Tuesday, February 22nd Meeting: MVC Demystified with Ruby on Rails
February 10, 2011 § Leave a comment
Steve Bristol: MVC Demystified with Ruby on Rails
Today, MVC is a well-established pattern for web application development. In our February meeting, we will take a look at the framework that has MVC at its very essence – Ruby on Rails. This will be a good introduction to Ruby on Rails for non-Ruby programmers.
About Steve Bristol:
- Steve is a partner at lesseverything.com
- Wrote his first program at the age of nine using BASIC.
- Has written lots and lots of code using lots of languages.
- Loves Ruby on Rails.
- Is a Core Contributor to the Rails Framework.
- Has contributed to several other open source projects.
- Has led teams of software engineers for over 14 years.
- Was a mentor in the 2007 Google Summer of Code.
- Has gone over 150 miles per hour with his knee on the ground while racing motorcycles.
- Has three children.
- He can divide by zero.